I SHOP CRYSTAL LAKE PROGRAM
The City's Economic Development Committee developed a strategic branding plan for our "shop local" program, entitled "I Shop Crystal Lake". The I Shop Crystal Lake program creates an awareness of the shopping opportunities in Crystal lake and enforces the message that buying from local retailers and service providers supports the local economy, preserves jobs, and enhances the tax base. More importantly, the "I" of I Shop Crystal Lake sends a message of having pride in the local community.
TOP 10 REASONS TO SHOP CRYSTAL LAKE
1. Significantly more money re-circulates in Crystal Lake when your purchases are made at local businesses.
2. Crystal Lake businesses provide jobs to local residents.
3. Crystal Lake has one-of-a-kind businesses that are an integral part of our distinctive character.
4. Crystal Lake businesses invest in the community.
5. Competition and diversity leads to more choices for consumers.
6. Shopping in Crystal Lake reduces environmental impacts caused by traffic congestion, habitat loss and pollution.
7. Shopping locally encourages further investments in Crystal Lake.
8. Non-profits receive amazing support from Crystal Lake businesses.
9. Shopping at Crystal Lake businesses provides tax revenue to local units of government which keeps property taxes low.
10. Shopping in Crystal Lake is fun – everything you need is offered at Crystal Lake businesses!
I SHOP CRYSTAL LAKE GIFT CERTIFICATES
I Shop Crystal Lake Gift Certificates can be used at any Crystal Lake business. When you shop at Crystal Lake businesses, make sure to ask the business if they will accept your gift certificate before making your purchases. Remind the business to process your gift certificates as a “check”.
I Shop Crystal Lake gift certificates are available in $25, $30 and $50 denominations at the Administration Counter at City Hall, located at 100 W. Woodstock Street, Crystal Lake, Illinois.
Any questions regarding the Gift Certificate program can be directed to the City of Crystal Lake Community Development Department at (815) 356-3615. You can also email the City at firstname.lastname@example.org.