The annual downtown sidewalk replacement program consists of replacing the concrete sidewalks throughout the downtown area with brick paver sidewalks.
Project Contact: Mark Wajrowski, Engineering and Building Inspector
Phone: (815) 356-3605
2017 Project Updates
- September 21, 2017: This program is substantially complete.
- August 30, 2017: The special order brick pavers will arrive on Tuesday September 5. The contractor will be back onsite on September 5 with two crews to install the new brick pavers. The work is still on schedule to be completed by the middle of September.
- August 16, 2017: The new concrete sidewalk is complete. The special order brick pavers are expected to arrive in the next week or two so the contractor will not be onsite the week of August 21. Once the brick pavers arrive, the contractor will have two crews onsite installing the new brick pavers so the work will be completed by the middle of September.
- August 9, 2017: The contractor started pavement removals on August 7. Removals are complete and the contractor started pouring the new concrete sidewalk. Concrete pouring will continue into next week.
- July 26, 2017: The contractor anticipates starting the work along Brink Street between Williams Street and Main Street on August 7. The Downtown Association has been notified and staff will contact the business owners directly affected the week of July 31.
- July 18, 2017: The City Council awarded the bid to Copenhaver Construction.
- July 11, 2017: Bids were opened for the Downtown Sidewalk Replacement Program. There were six bids. Copenhaver Construction Company of Gilberts was the lowest bid.